Monday, April 27, 2009

Great day today ^_^

My ship got back the 23rd and got all unpacked and that was cool and got me a tour of the ship like 3000 times lol. It seems pretty cool so far but I'm sure it will suck in the next few weeks to come, hopefully I will be able to come home for the 4th of July but not sure about that since their can only be 1 person gone from my section at a time so that kinda sucks but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Tommorow I will get all checked in and everything and get to meet the master chief formally this time and got to answer all his questions and everything, I hope I get everything right.

Yesterday I tried to take a bus up to North Shore but I guess I didn't get off at the right place and the guy was like ya you can take this bus back or whatever but I was like naaa I'll just keep goin this way so I can see this side of the island too. So I kept ridin the bus all the way up to the tip of northwest side of the island and it was very scenic and I guess that's where all the locals go cuz I was the only person around there that looked like me lol. I ran into this one Samoan guy on the bus and was talkin to him and later I heard him say to the bus driver that he hadn't seen a gringo out that way in a while ^-^ , that was hilarious when I heard that. So the bus eventually started going back the way it came and the bus driver told me to take a couple diff buses to get where I wanted to go and I tried that but was confused so I just rode the C bus all the way to Waikiki beach. I got off at Waikiki and heard some music and was drawn to it, and later I found out it was a Sheryl Crow concert that was supposed to play later that night, but right then she was just practicin so I decided to come back later. It was also the annual Spam Jam day and they had all sorts of food made out of spam and people in spam hats and shirts and all sorts of crazy spam craziness lol. I was there for a little bit till it was time to head back to the concert and when I got over there there was a big ol line and I found out tickets were like 41 bucks and I was like are you crazy I can hear her right here just as good, so that's just what I did :) It started to get cold so I walked around to differt places to warm up and I met this one old guy that had these 2 green Parrots from the Amazon and he said he lived on a boat and he makes these cool lookin hats and sells him so he can go get some more liquor or somethin lol. I talked to him for a little bit and then Sherl sang her song "I'm gonna soak up the sun" and I left after that. I ran into the parrot guy again as I was headed back to Waikiki beach and he didn't have the parrots and he said they were his buddy's that lived on his boat, and thought I would buy one of them cool hats so that's just what I did. Then I saw the parrot guy down the road and people were takin pictures with the birds holdin them in their hands and I was like man I wish I had my camera and my phone was dead :(

As I was walkin down the street I heard a song that this one guy sang on the morning news one day and had to make sure it wasn't the same person and sure enough it was the same guy, chillen playin the ukalale and singin right in front of the surfer dude statue. So I stayed their for like an hour listenin to him and bought one of his cds and then I figured it was time to catch my bus back since it was like 10 pm already and the buses stop runnin at like 1 am. I walked for like an hour all the way to Alo Moana which was a long walk and finally found the bus I needed to take back to Pearl Harbor and got home after midnight.

So back to today :)..... I went to church today at the YMCA and their was a new guy with us and it turns out he is from my ship and further investigation from questioning him lol I found out that he had been to GTMO Cuba as well, so that was cool actually meetin somebody that has been down there and knows what I'm talkin about. So after that we met up with Johnny and his girl and another Japanese chick that was chillen with them cuz they picked her up from the airport and are showin her around Hawaii. Today we went around the entire island and I got to see the rest of this place that I hadn't seen before and saw tons of cool beaches and some humongous whales off in the distance blowin water out of their blownose and surfacing on the water showin off their colors and stuff. I'm glad I have a christian group of people to hang out with again and it was amazing and I'm looking forward to next few years here.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can come down on the 4th!
    Ima gonna be hoping!

    SOOO JEALOUS you got to see Sheryl Crow too lol

    ReplyDelete